- About Us
- Visas and Citizenship
- Travelling to Australia
- Doing Business with Australia
- Services for Australians
- Study in Australia
- Development Cooperation
- Media Centre
- Australia-China Relationship
- About Australia
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Imagine Australia weibo account (Chinese language only)
Travel Advice for China
Up-to-date travel Advice for China issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs is available at the http://www.smartraveller.gov.au website.
Register with us so we can contact you in an emergency
Passport applications should be lodged in person and are accepted between 9:00 - 12:00 & 13:30 - 15:00, Monday to Friday.
Consular Notary Acts - Working Hours
Clients seeking notarial acts (witnessing of documents, swearing of affidavits, authentications, CNI, legal documents etc) should visit the Australian Consulate General between 15:00 - 16:00, Monday to Friday to have their documents processed.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) section of the Australian Consulate-General Shanghai has two vacancies in the following positions:
- Personnel and Property Assistant (LE4)
- Finance and Travel Assistant (LE4)
We welcome applications from Australians and Chinese nationals as well as diplomatic spouses.
The duty statements and selection criteria are attached. Your application, written in English, must include:
• a statement of claims for the position addressing the selection criteria (maximum of 1200 words)
• curriculum vitae; and
• contact details for two work-related referees
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
Enquiries, including about conditions of service, should be directed to Ms Teresa Dai on +86 21 2215 5262.
The selection process will include a bilingual (English and Mandarin) written test and interview.
The successful applicants will be recruited on an annual contract and subject to a probationary period.
The closing date for applications is 15 December 2013.
Personnel and Property Assistant
Under supervision of the Consulate’s Office Manager, the Personnel and Property Assistant:
• Calculates staff salary payments and maintains leave records.
• Provides support with living arrangements for Australian diplomats in Shanghai.
• Provides assistance with official visits, training and Consulate events.
• Coordinates with Consul General’s domestic staff on personnel and property matters.
• Maintains the Consulate’s staff directories.
• Maintains the Consulate’s diplomatic mail and register of diplomatic letters.
• Performs other duties as required.
Finance and Travel Assistant
Under the supervision of the Consulate’s Accountant, the Finance and Travel Assistant:
• Prepares financial payables and receivables documentation.
• Arranges travel/transport for consulate staff including bookings, payments, travel advances and visas.
• Processes payments for Australian diplomatic staff.
• Manages the Consulate’s stationary and cleaning equipment.
• Acts as backup Cashier.
• Performs other duties as directed.
1. Demonstrated ability to provide client services and a pro-active approach to problem-solving.
2. Human Resource/Financial/Administrative Management skills and/or experience.
3. Fluent English and Mandarin language skills.
4. Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
5. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.